Adding That Just Right Kitchen Color
Even adding just a little bit of color can do amazing things for your kitchen. After all, the kitchen is the heart of the home and the room you spend most of your time in. It’s the place where you cook delicious meals and spend time socializing with family and friends. So why not make it a space that incorporates great colors and hues that everyone can enjoy?
Many people are not aware of just how important color can be when designing their kitchen. The professionals at Kitchen Solvers are here to tell you all of the things you may not know about adding color to your kitchen, and to give you a few fresh ideas to get started with. With a little bit of color, you can turn your lackluster kitchen into the kitchen of your dreams.
Choose Kitchen Colors That Inspire You
If you do a quick search about adding color to your kitchen, you’ll find all sorts of trends and colors that are popular now. However, these trends don’t have to influence your decision-making. Instead, choose colors that represent your own personal style and inspire you.
Are there certain colors that excite you? What’s stopping you from incorporating those into your kitchen design? Don’t be afraid to let your personality guide your decisions. Whether you want bright pops of color, traditional wood styling, chic black and white or more neutral hues, it’s up to you to choose a color scheme that you will be happy with for years to come. And if you grow tired of those fire red cabinets? Well, luckily, the colors you choose don’t have to be permanent.
Don’t Forget About Lighting
When choosing colors for your kitchen, it’s important to keep in mind how it will look under certain lighting. Natural light can have a big impact on how colors appear. If you’re lucky enough to have a lot of natural light in your kitchen, consider how certain colors will change throughout the day as the sun moves across the sky. Depending on how much natural light you get, certain colors can look dull or excessively dark.
Artificial light also affects the appearance of colors. Fortunately, artificial light is something you have a bit more control over when designing your kitchen. Test out samples of colors to see how they look under the different sources of artificial light in your kitchen. This will allow you to take note of the way different colors reflect and change under certain lights.
Unique Ways to Add Kitchen Color
There are so many ways to add color to your kitchen that go beyond just painting the walls or cabinets. While colorful cabinetry can be a great way to add vibrant splashes of color, there are other solutions that are little more outside the box. We’ll go over some unique ideas that could inspire you during the creation of your dream kitchen.
- Colorful Cabinet Interiors: If you have glass-front or open cabinets, painting the interior can be a great way to add dramatic color. Bold colors make for the perfect backdrop for more neutral dishes and kitchenware.
Colorful Collectibles: For an easy way to add personality to your kitchen, consider showing off your colorful dishware in open cabinetry. Vibrant collectibles can be used as a starting point to add hints of matching color elsewhere in your kitchen.
- Colorful Fabrics: If your kitchen has cushioned stools or room for pillows, don’t underestimate the power that fabric can have. Fabrics with patterns or color can be used to inspire the rest of your kitchen’s color palette.
- Colorful Appliances: Appliances are a great way to add bold pops of color. Nowadays it’s easy to customize the color of your appliances, large and small. A bright blue refrigerator or oven can easily transform your kitchen’s appearance.
- Colorful Tile: A colorful tile backsplash is an excellent way to add a subtle focal point to your kitchen. Tile is easy to install and clean, and provides you with a backdrop that will last for years.
- Colorful Artwork: Another simple way to add a splash of color to your kitchen is with artwork. Use vibrant, lively paintings or hang family photos with colorful frames. If your tastes change, you can replace artwork easily.
- Colorful Countertops: Countertops can be manufactured in just about any color under the sun. You can choose to have colorful counters all throughout your kitchen or just in certain places, like a kitchen island.
Neutral Doesn’t Have to Be Boring
Although choosing a vibrant kitchen color scheme can be fun, neutral colors are also a great option to consider. It is a common misconception that browns, tans, grays and off-whites are boring. Many people think that these colors are unwelcoming and safe, but this is not completely true. If you use neutral color palettes in the right way, you can create a beautifully eye-catching space.
Pairing neutral colors with rich wood flooring, metallic kitchen appliances or interesting light fixtures are just a few ways to make your kitchen special. This option allow you to show off furnishings or textures that would otherwise go unnoticed. Additionally, colorful dishware or furniture really pops when placed in a kitchen with mostly neutral colors. As you can see, this palette opens the door for creativity when designing your kitchen.
Choosing color is one of the most exciting and daunting aspects of kitchen design. With the thousands of different colors, patterns and schemes out there, it can be overwhelming trying to decide on a palette. Remember, your kitchen colors don’t have to be permanent.
The experts at Kitchen Solvers have years of experience designing kitchens and can help you with your decision-making process. With one of our experts at your side, your dream kitchen will be a reality in no time.
And be sure to research kitchen remodeling costs and their return on investment if you are planning a kitchen remodeling project.