General timeline for your kitchen remodeling project for new cabinetry
At Kitchen Solvers, we design and install kitchen remodels every day, but for many of our clients, this is a new experience. As one would expect, creating and installing a brand new kitchen is not a simple project which is why hiring the right team is so important. As part of our Pleasant Remodeling Experience, we believe it is important to discuss with our clients how long their project will take, and then we follow up with that by keeping our clients informed every step of the way.
Design & Selections (2 to 8 weeks)
Your kitchen remodeling project begins with your first appointment with a design consultant where we collaborate to bring your dreams to life. There are many details to plan for in a kitchen remodel, and how long the planning stage takes greatly depends on a number of factors including: how much pre-planning has been done, expected timeline of the project/your availability, and speed of decision making. Once the style, layout, and final selection of materials is made, the next phase of the remodeling project begins.
- Initial design consults: Meet your designer, discuss your project, make selections, receive design, make revisions/finalize selections, sign contract to begin work.
- In-home project manager consult: Meet your project manager, double-check measurements & plans, discuss the details of the project for a smooth and pleasant experience.
- Cabinet order placed: Your custom cabinetry order is placed after plans are finalized and all cabinet measurements reviewed.
Project Planning (4 to 8 weeks)
Once your final selections are made, your custom cabinetry order will be placed. While your beautiful new cabinetry is being crafted, your project manager will be hard at work coordinating your countertop, tile, flooring, electrical, plumbing, appliances, and potentially any general contracting work that needs to be completed. Your project manager will be in touch with you regularly during this process as all the details and planning of your kitchen installation come together.
- Cabinets in production: While all the rest of your planning occurs, your stunning new custom cabinetry is being crafted.
- Tradesman appropriate for the project are scheduled: Your electrician, plumber, flooring or tile tradesman, and if necessary, general contractor will be scheduled to arrive during the necessary phase of the installation process.
New Kitchen Installation (2 to 3 Weeks)
- Demolition 1 to 2 Days (depending on the new room configuration): The first step in the installation process is preparing the space by tearing out all the existing cabinetry, countertops, flooring, and removal of appliances.
- Electric/Plumbing Layout 2 to 3 Days: Once the space is cleared out, the electrician and plumber can come in and get your electrical and plumbing layouts configured to accommodate your lighting, fixtures, appliances, and outlet access.
- Flooring Installation 2 to 3 Days: If new flooring is part of your project, the flooring is generally laid prior to cabinet installation (depending on the type of flooring) and is kept protected during the remainder of the installation process. Flooring installation will depend mostly on the size of your space and the type of flooring material being installed.
- Cabinet Installation 3 to 5 Days: Your custom cabinets will be scheduled to arrive on site when the space is ready for installation. Typical new cabinet installation takes between 3 to 5 days and will mostly depend on the number of cabinets being installed in your kitchen.
- Countertop Fabrication & Installation 7 to 14 Days: A custom template will be created for your countertop fabrication. For quartz or granite countertops, this process must occur after the base cabinets are installed. Once the template is created your countertops will go into production. Once the countertops are completed, specialty installers will come to your home to place your new countertops.
- Plumbing & Appliance Installation 1 to 2 Days: After the countertops have been installed, the plumbing can be installed, and appliances can be put in place and hooked up.
- Backsplash and Tile Work 2 to 3 Days: If a new backsplash is in your design plan then this is generally one of the finishing touches on your kitchen remodel. Many times, this is a 2-day process, setting tile the first day and grouting the tile the second, however, this will depend on the amount of tilework and intricacy of the design.
- Painting (Wall Coverings) 1 to 2 Days: Wall coverings/painting can be accomplished during multiple stages of the remodel whether before, during, or after. This can be completed by professional painters, or in some cases, the homeowners may want to tackle this part of the project to save a few dollars if they have the time. It is by far easiest to accomplish when the room has been gutted and the new room configuration is complete while there is an empty space to work in.
From start to finish, your Kitchen Solvers team will work hand-in-hand with you to deliver an enjoyable remodeling experience on top of a customized new kitchen. And don’t worry about your specific taste in kitchen styles. At Kitchen Solvers we can meet your design needs whether it is traditional, transitional, contemporary, or completely one-of-a-kind! Set up your free kitchen consultation today to learn more about our custom cabinetry options!Back