What is Thermofoil (3DL) and What Benefits Does it Possess
What is Thermofoil
Thermofoil, a 3D laminate, is a flexible, moldable, and nonporous PVC material. Thermofoil is created by heating the flexible 3D laminate and bonding it to a wooden substrate such as medium density fiberboard (MDF). As a result, thermafoil is a low-maintenance surface that resists chipping and will look better longer than painted surfaces. When applied to the existing cabinets, it can create a completely different look in a kitchen.
Benefits of Thermofoil
- Thermofoil is a formable material which can form over component edges giving a seamless look to one’s kitchen.
- This material also protects your cabinets from water penetration preventing the presence of bacteria and mold. A solid MDF core means no joints that could expand or crack with high humidity like a wood door, and due to its seamless construction, there is nowhere for dirt, bacteria, or moisture to hide on a 3DL component.
- Another benefit of thermafoil is that it’s very low maintenance and resists staining. It’s easy to clean with disinfectant or the classic soap and water duo.
- Unlike wood cabinets, thermafoil does not require a protective coating and the finish will no chip or crack like a painted door.
- Thermofoil also has an array of design variations which allows our homeowners to specify the exact color, pattern, profile, and finish option they’re seeking.
Contact Kitchen Solvers
Now that you are familiar with one option to choose when selecting new cabinetry or material for a refacing, it’s time to find the ultimate source for your kitchen remodeling questions and needs. That’s where Kitchen Solvers can help. Contact our team, and we can help design and craft the kitchen of your dreams with state-of-the-art cabinetry you’ll be happy with for years to come. We consider your personal style, lifestyle, and functionality needs when we present a solution. There are an endless array of kitchen cabinet ideas. We help narrow that down for you so that you don’t have to spend years planning and instead can spend years enjoying your newBack